An Entry For Secret Santicorn 2019! Merry Santicore, Quietude!
Did my best with a genre I am not super interested in. Hope this sparks some interesting ideas for you. :) .
The cold expanse of space.
The hard exterior of a ship.
The mystery inside.
Generating a Ruined Ship:
- Small. About 5 rooms, with claustrophobic walkways between them.
- Medium. 8-10 rooms, with some advanced subsystems
- Large. 10-18 rooms with some huge rooms.
- Gargantuan. This ship has more than 20 rooms and has multiple groups. Roll twice on “What Killed Them?”
Who Died Here?
- Android soldiers
- Imperial shock troops
- Imperial Peace Envoy
- Rebel Squad
What Killed Them?
- A solitary xenomorph, waiting until the right moment
- An infestation of worms that crawl through skin
- Parasitic bacteria that rots the brain molded the crew into one flesh
- Giant Mosquitos, sacs swollen with rotten blood
- Beings with long necks and no eyes
- A baby sky-shark, unaware of its strength
- Stealthy scrappers who set traps all over
- The enslaved braindogs that escaped after an outage
- A fungal infection which reanimates the dead turned the living crew into mindless zombies
- A lone assassin whose ship was destroyed has been here for years.
- Ship is flooded with toxic sewage after waste system malfunctioned. Will the players have to find a different way to explore it?
- A stray wormhole accidentally vaporized half the ship, expect a vacuum. Does the missing space open up any interesting scenarios?
- The ship’s heating system has gone awry, it’s melting at the seams and unbearably hot. Could the high heat make exploration difficult?
- A Great Tortoise is using the ship as his shell. How does the Tortoise feel about the commotion?
- Ghosts roam the halls of the ship. Were they the previous crew, or a different group?
- Refugees of a far-off war survived and are still on the ship. How do they react to the players?
- A rare but powerful animal specimen was being transported. Does it roam the halls of the ship?
- A secondary crew is in cryostorage, but they have not been activated yet. Would they help or hurt the players?
Interesting Ship Subsystems
- On site cloning bay
- Life support system that can circulate any element, not just oxygen
- Self-Destruct system
- Sprinkler system that sprays high pressure jets of water.
- Holodeck chamber used for crew training.
- Automated Drone Control System
Cool Stuff for Players to Take
- Short Range Teleporters (Limited Use)
- High-Powered Scanners (prototypes, malfunction sometimes)
- Laser Swords (require external power)
- Cyborg Dogs (Fluffy, loyal, stupid, and a bit sad)
- Sonic Grenades (No ear protection provided)
- High-Velocity Troop Transporters (human cannons)
- Experimental Quick-Acting Mutagen (roid rage)
- Multidirectional Jetpacks (Low Fuel)